Sweet Tea by the Jar
Posted by Jim Oxley (Webmaster) on May 06, 2014
I always make 4 jars at a time
|Prep time:||10 mins|
|Cook time:||20 mins|
|Steep time:||20 mins|
|Finishing up:||10 mins|
|Total time:||60 mins|
- 4 - 2 cup mason jar
- 16 (4 per jar) - regular sized Lipton tea bags
- Fresh, filtered water
- 2 cups of sugar (1/2 cups per jar)
- Put 4 tea bags in each jar and add water.
- Microwave on high for 20 mins (5 mins per jar).
- let tea steep for about 20 mins (regardless of how many jars you are making).
- Remove tea bags and add sugar.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Put lids on jars and let sit until cool enough to put in fridge.
- When you are ready empty jar into a 2 qt pitcher and add cold filtered water.
Because it is already cold I don't use any ice.
When I put the last jar into the pitcher I make 4 more jars.